The Keto Diet has struck popularity lately with a wide variety of athletes using it for both weight control and cognitive benefits.
Here’s why and how you can use the Keto Diet as a bodybuilder.
Basic facts on the Keto Diet
Bodybuilding Ketogenic Diet: High protein, moderate fats and no carbohydrates.
Primary Use: Losing Bodyfat
Suits Training Type: Bodybuilding
Training Volume Required: Low – medium
Common foods eaten on a bodybuilding style Keto Diet
- Seafood. Fish and shellfish are very keto-friendly foods
- Low-Carb Vegetables
- Meat and Poultry
- Coconut Oil
- Plain Greek Yogurt and Cottage Cheese
Key benefits of Keto for bodybuilders
- Forces your body to use stored body fat as an energy source
- Helps reduce blood sugar levels
- Provides a stable energy source that keeps you balanced
- Reduces hunger due to lower blood glucose levels
- Improves cholesterol profiles
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves cognitive function